Monday, November 8, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Continuing on with the “here’s some more thanksgiving appetizer recipes I always make” posts, I thought I would share the spinach dip recipe I’ve been using for the last 5 or so years. 2 days of short posts, but I promise a full post tomorrow on what promises to be an awesome dinner I’m whipping up tonight. Stay tuned!

 
Spin dip
1 round bread loaf (vegan, of course! I make my own, but store bought works)
1 cup vegenaise
1 cup tofutti sour supreme (if you can find the sour supreme guacamole, use it. I know it sounds bizarre, but it totally works)
½ cup nutritional yeast
½ - 1 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 Tbs dried minced onion
½ Tbs garlic powder
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed. Put spinach in a towel and squeezing until all excess water is gone
6 oz jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
½ cup faux Parmesan cheeze

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the top of the bread off and hollow out the loaf, making a bread bowl (the walls should be ½” inch thick). Save the bread chunks so people can dip them in the spin dip. Mix all ingredients (sans bread and ¼ cup faux parm) together in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour dip into the bread bowl, top with the rest of the faux parm, and bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot with the left over bread pieces.

4 comments:

  1. This looks reeeeeeeally good and you have convinced me that I want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do, don't use canned spinach folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! and David is right, no canned spinach!

    ReplyDelete