Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sautéed Veggies and Rice

Tonight my friend Brooke busted her ass down to our apartment, showed me the new hair-do she’s got planned for me (I’m going back to short, with bangs. Holla!) and we spent the evening reminiscing about days long gone. I may have had one too many glasses of wine, but by no means got crapulous (seriously–it’s a word–look it up) and we talked waaaaay too much about past transgressions involving rice crispy treats. At any rate, after a day of work, and before an evening of hanging out, I had time to make a quick dinner using the excessive amounts of veggies in my fridge.



Sautéed Veggies and Rice

2 cups cooked basmati rice

2 heads bok choy
8 crimini mushrooms, sliced
½ chopped yellow onion
½ roughly chopped bulb garlic
½ Tbs olive oil
½ tsp mustard powder
½ tsp black sesame seed
¼ tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt

This is my super simple recipe- make amendments as necessary. All I did was sauté the onion and garlic in a large saucier until the onion was translucent, and then I threw in the remaining ingredients, sans rice, and cooked until tender, which was probably about twenty minutes. Then I just mixed in the veggies with the rice and viola: an easy Wednesday dinner.

1 comment: